Pickens Technical College Advisors guide all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social/emotional management and career development, ensuring that today’s students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow!
Our advisors assist you with:
- Career and post-secondary planning
- The enrollment process
- Academic and Certificate requirements
- Schedule changes
- Community referrals and resources
Imagine your future at Pickens Technical College! Work with your parents and high school counselor as you plan for your future. It is important to explore programs, plan your next steps and prepare for post-secondary training.
Helpful Links And Information:
Links To Career Information:
If you have questions at any point in the enrollment process please contact the career advising office.
- Choose which section (morning, afternoon, or evening – if available) and which program you would like to attend. Please be aware that we have wait lists for many of our programs.
- Review the MMR immunization policy
- Review the orientation materials
- If you believe that you qualify for and need additional accommodations or resources to be successful at Pickens, please complete the following 504 accomodation requrest form: https://www.pickenstech.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/504-Accommodation-Request-1-1.pdf
MMR immunization policy:
Students born after or on January 1, 1957 are required to provide documentation that they have received two valid doses of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella(MMR) vaccine. Students may obtain a titer if they are unsure or unable to locate their immunization records. Students may also sign an exemption. Here is the link for the students to complete an exemption: https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe/vaccine-exemptions . Please contact our school nurse Lorraine Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Academic Credit For College-Level Learning Acquired In The Military
Pickens Technical College will assess the veteran’s JTS and will award credit based on ACE recommendation. Any student who has acquired occupational knowledge in his/her program area through previous education, work experience, on-the-job training or any means other than formal education may challenge any course that will apply to specific CTE certificate programs. Some courses within a program do not provide challenge opportunities.
Pickens Technical College’s student services coordinator will assist any veteran or active military student in selecting a certificate program and verifying PLA credit awarded for the chosen program of study.