Collision Repair Program in Aurora, CO
The Collision Repair Technology Program duplicates a collision repair shop environment where work is performed on program vehicles.
The rigorous workload requires that the student is in good physical condition, have mastered reading and writing, and be mechanically inclined.
The certificated student will have entry-level skills. This course uses the new I-CAR PRO-LEVEL 1 Curriculum.
The following certificates may be earned:
- Non-Structural Repair Technician Certificate
- Refinish and Paint Technician Certificate
- Professional Collision Repair Certificate
Instructor Anthony Larson
YEARS TEACHING: 9
YEARS IN INDUSTRY: 41
- Owned and operated “Preferred Unibody and Frame, Inc.”, one of Colorado’s largest independent successful state of the art auto collision repair facility for 18 years.
- As a first-generation shop owner, I designed and built my own 16,200 square foot facility and expanded from a small shop with 3 technicians to 15 employees
- Designed and performed general contractor duties for new commercial facility
- Experienced in all aspects of the Collision industry – technician, estimator, and owner/operator
- Graduated in 1975 from Warren Technical College in Auto Body
- Lead Collision Instructor at Pickens Technical College for the past 8 years
- Facilitator of the Collision Occupational Advisory Committee
- Advisor of Skills USA competition program with students, who rank among the top Statewide and then compete at the National level
- Recipient of 2015 Career and Technical Advisor of the Year, Skills USA 50th Anniversary
- Utilizing my decades of industry expertise I created, developed and implemented syllabus and curriculum for the Collision and Refinishing Program
- Mentored evening instructor for Collision Program
- Conducted OEM and After Market vendor seminars for Standard Operating Procedures of the Collision Industry
- Facilitated 2018 SKILLS USA National Refinishing Champion – Elmer Hernandez
- I-CAR Instructor
- Colorado Teaching Licenses for secondary and post-secondary students
- Certified Master Collision Repair and Refinish Technician
- Community College courses and training related to business, industry, and education
- Master level classes in Linguistically Diverse Education