A Great Place to Start
Whether you’re enrolling for post-secondary education or concurrently as a high school student, at Pickens Technical College we work to make the process as transparent as possible for the smoothest experience. Find links to helpful resources below and contact us with any questions.
Not a Student Yet?
Applying and registering at Pickens Technical College can be completed online, and we start with a career assessment to ensure your skills and interests match up with one of our in-demand careers. Everything you need to know about the process can be found at the links below:
High School Students
Pickens Technical College has a concurrent enrollment agreement with Aurora Public Schools and a variety of other school districts that make it possible for qualified high school junior and senior students to attend college-level career and technical programs while earning high school credit simultaneously. Benefits include:
- Tuition is 100% paid for by the student’s school district
- Students earn college and high school academic credits
- Credits are eligible for transfer to other accredited college-level institutions
- Students earn an industry-recognized certificate to help obtain future employment
Current students have many resources to make the most out of their time at Pickens Technical College. Whether you need to access the current school calendar or want to look at current listings on the job board, you’ll find all of that and more right here.
Financial Aid Information
Students may be eligible for various forms of financial aid when their financial aid file is completed. Types of support include grants, scholarships, work-study opportunities, and veteran educational benefits administered by the Veterans Administration.
Pickens Technical College partners with employers within the Aurora and Denver communities to help bring jobs straight to our students. Our Career Services department provides students with guidance surrounding their professional development and employability skills. Students will have access to resume and cover letter support, finding and securing job opportunities, and interview best practices.
School Year Calendar
Alumni & Friends
Pickens Technical College is proud to provide our community with the best technical training available—and the most affordable training in Colorado. We hope your PTC experience opened many doors for you and had a positive impact on your life. We don’t want to lose touch with our former students. We would like to invite all current students and alumni to utilize our PTC Career Services website. We offer the following services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and each one can be accessed online.
- Resume building help and online storage of two resumes
- Job postings for both local PTC-supporting employers and a national job database
- A fabulous array of employment prep resources—help sheets, podcasts, and videos
- And much more!
Request Your Transcripts
To receive a transcript, please fill out this Transcript Request Form. Unofficial transcripts for your own record are free, but official transcripts are $5.00. You can choose to pick them up or have them mailed to your destination. Please fax this form to 303-326-1965 Attn: Dianna White. You may then call 303-835-4225, ext. 27727 to make the payment for this transcript. You can also stop in and do these steps in person.
Forms & Handbooks
- Bell Schedules
- Media Release
- Field Trip Permission and Grade Consent Form
- Secondary Signature Sheet
- Post-Secondary Signature Sheet
- Internet Use Agreement
- PTC Student Handbook
- Annual Security Report 2020 and Clery Report 2020
- Update to APS Non-Discrimination Policies
- 504 Accommodation Request Form
- APS Student Handbook 2021-2022
- Student Grievance Procedure
- Student Grievance Form
- Student Grievance Procedure Resource
- APS Bus Schedule (to and from PTC)
- FERPA Release Form
- APS Safe Schools Handbook – English
- APS Safe Schools Handbook – Spanish