Forms & Handbooks:
Pickens Technical College Advisors guide all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social/emotional management and career development, ensuring that today’s students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow!
Our advisors assist you with:
- Career and post-secondary planning
- The enrollment process
- Academic and Certificate requirements
- Schedule changes
- Community referrals and resources
Imagine your future at Pickens Technical College! Work with your parents and high school counselor as you plan for your future. It is important to explore programs, plan your next steps and prepare for post-secondary training.
Helpful Links And Information:
Academic Credit For College-Level Learning Acquired In The Military
Pickens Technical College will assess the veteran’s JTS and will award credit based on ACE recommendation. Any student who has acquired occupational knowledge in his/her program area through previous education, work experience, on-the-job training or any means other than formal education may challenge any course that will apply to specific CTE certificate programs. Some courses within a program do not provide challenge opportunities.
Pickens Technical College’s student services coordinator will assist any veteran or active military student in selecting a certificate program and verifying PLA credit awarded for the chosen program of study.
Links To Career Information:
The Financial Aid Office offers grants, scholarships, and work-study opportunities for post-secondary students determined by when their financial aid file is completed. We also certify veterans for educational benefits administered by the Veterans Administration.
This website will provide some of the information you will need about financial aid. If you need further information, please feel free to contact us.
www.fafsa.ed.gov – Pickens FAFSA school code: 012875
Click the links below to learn more:
- Significant changes coming to FASFA 2017-18
- Completing the FAFSA
- 12 Common FAFSA Mistakes
- Net Price Calculator
- Program Text/Equipment List and Prices
- Tuition Table Increase
In May 2014, Federal Student Aid (FSA) launched a new feature on its StudentAid.gov website, which allows aid recipients to access their federal student aid history directly on that site. Students, parents, and borrowers can now log in to Student Aid.gov to view their federal student loan and grant information from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®)
This is the second step of a multi-phase project to develop a single point of entry for students accessing federal student aid information, applying for federal aid, repaying student loans, and navigating the college decision-making process. The site including this new feature is also completely accessible on tablets and smartphones.
Through Student Aid.gov, students can now:
- View their federal student aid history, including loan detail, grant detail, and overpayment detail
- Get their loan servicer’s contact information
- Find out how much Pell Grant eligibility they have left and
- Download their federal student aid history into a text file using the MyData Download function
The NSLDS Student Access site will continue to be available and student aid recipients should continue to visit NSLDS.ed.gov exclusively to:
- Update their address
- Submit an enrollment change
- Complete TEACH exit counseling and
- Provide an organization authorization to their account
Federal Pell Grant: This federal program serves as the foundation for other forms of aid. This program is designed for undergraduate students who do not have a bachelor’s degree. The amount of this award is determined by a federal funding formula and the cost of education at Pickens Tech. Students who have a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for this grant. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) This federal program is designed to be awarded first to those applicants with exceptional need. Students who have a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for this grant. Click to view grants.
Pickens Tech does not currently participate in any student loan programs (Federal Stafford Loan, Direct Loan, Perkins, etc.). Students holding previous loans from other schools are eligible for deferment of loans in good standing. Deferment forms will be completed by the records office and sent to previous schools or the loan holder. For further information on loan deferments, contact the Financial Aid Office
Active duty military personnel and their dependents upon moving to Colorado on a permanent-change-of-station (PCS) basis are eligible for resident tuition rates. Before registering at Pickens Tech, they should contact the nearest Military Education Office in order to complete and have the tuition classification certification form approved by the Education Officer. The form is to be presented at the Registration Office at the time they register for a class.
The Financial Aid Office does all certifications for veterans seeking to use their educational benefits at Pickens Tech. Not all programs are eligible for veterans benefits and prospective students should contact the office for information on specific programs or classes. A veteran is ALWAYS responsible for his or her tuition bill at the time of registration. An application or certificate in progress does not exempt students from meeting financial obligations when they are due. Veterans may check their education benefits at va.org, click on Benefits & Education Training.
A variety of scholarships are available to students who plan to attend Pickens Technical College.
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
- Colorado Authors’ League Scholarship
- High School Juniors
- Internet Marketing Scholarship
- Latino High School Senior Scholarship
- RoverPass Outdoor Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Student Scholarships
- ZipRecruiter Scholarships
You can register for scholarships at Fastweb.com – check it out!
RevPart, has created a scholarship for students pursuing STEM degrees. This scholarship will be open until December 31st, 2019. I have included some information and the link about the scholarship below:
- Name of the scholarship: RevPart’s 2020 Spring STEM Scholarship (2020 RevPart Spring STEM Scholarship)
- Deadline date: December 31st, 2019
- Detailed description: RevPart is proud to support the next generation of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) students by providing a scholarship of $1,000 to a student demonstrating excellent promise in their area of study. As an innovator in the tech industry, we understand the importance of the STEM fields and wish to advocate for the industry’s future leaders by assisting their efforts towards a degree. Any student majoring in a STEM field that is attending an accredited college may apply. The 2020 scholarship winner will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student to be used towards their degree. RevPart will also be offering a book scholarship for the first and second runner-up.
- Value of the scholarship: $1,000 (winner), $250 (2 runner ups)
- Number of scholarships available: 3
- Minimum SAT/ACT and GPA: N/A
- School Year: Any student that will be attending next year or is attending college. The Spring 2020 scholarship winner will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student to be used towards their degree.
- Major: Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Required college state: Any
- Required college or university: Any
- Required race or heritage: Any
- Required student activities such as clubs, professional or civic organizations or particular extracurricular activities: N/A
- Any parental requirements, such as a union membership or active military or veteran: Any
- S. Citizenship: Reside in U.S. 50 States
- Specific disabilities, if applicable: N/A
- Religion or religious heritage: N/A
- Gender: N/A
RevPart Contact Person:
Name: Tandi Holifield
Address: 129 Bethea Rd, Suite 402, Fayetteville GA, 30214
Pickens Technical College reserves the right to cancel, discontinue, reschedule or combine classes and to change instructors. Classes may be canceled if fewer than the required minimum number of students register.