Programs >> Arts & Technology Pathway
STEAM, Arts and Technology
Arts, media, and communications cover a broad spectrum of careers in creativity and expression, whether in a visual medium or in writing. Communicating powerful ideas and stories through the arts can lead to careers in design, illustration, animation, professional photography, and more. Here at Pickens Technical College, we offer two different certificates in our arts, media, and communication program: Graphic Design and Professional Photography.
Cyber Technician is a 1 year program focused on teaching students how to:
- Create electronic data backup to prevent loss of information.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Analyze security of systems, networks, or data.
- Resolve computer network problems.
- Document network-related activities or tasks.
Electronics Technician is a 1 year program focused on teaching students how to:
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, or diagrams to inform installation, development or operation activities.
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Repair or replace worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
Multimedia Graphic Design
Multimedia Graphic Design is a 2-year program that prepares students for a variety of print and digital careers including graphic design, web design, illustration, layout and print design by teaching:
- Key design principles to create digital artwork
- Color theory and typography
- Software operation to produce logos, websites and marketing materials
- Customer service skills by working with outside customers to create and design projects to specifications
Professional Photography is a 1 year program focused on preparing students for entry level work in the field as a photography assistant or freelance photographer by teaching:
- Lighting , portraiture and commercial photography
- Digital and film photography
- Darkroom skills
- DSLR camera operations
- Exposure theory