Programs >> Zymology/Fermentation Science
Start Your Career in Zymology/Fermentation Science
Fermentation Sciences allows students to explore all aspects of the beer brewing, wine making and fermented foods industries. Students will learn about craft beer fermentation science, wort production, yeast fermentation, beer contaminants, brewery cleaning, beer styles through sensory tests, styles of wines and fermentation, and food fermentation internship lab experiences. Zymology/ Fermentation Science program will help students learn a variety of skills used in the industry, including the following:
- explore all aspects of the beer brewing, winemaking, and fermented foods industries.
- understand craft beer fermentation science, wort production, yeast fermentation, beer contaminants, and brewery cleaning.
- do sensory tests with beer styles, styles of wines and fermentation, and food fermentation internship lab experiences
Suggested educational levels.
- English literacy (reading, writing, speaking, and listening).
- Understanding of basic algebra
Suggested physical abilities.
- Capable of lifting 30 pounds.
- Capable of sustained activity for 4 hours at a time Class Hours.
- Semester 1: 5:30pm – 9:30pm Mon.- Thu.
- Semester 2: 310 internship hours to be scheduled with internship site.
- Program is 2 semesters in length, with start dates in Fall.
Get the Details on this Program
Zymology/Fermentation Science program will help students learn a variety of skills used in the industry, including the following:
- Load materials into production equipment
- Maintain safety
- Monitor instruments to ensure proper production conditions
- Adjust equipment controls to regulate flow of production materials or products
How Can I Benefit from This Program?
The estimated number of Food Preparation and Serving Related employed in Colorado in 2020 was 220,823, It is projected that in 2030 there will be 291,130. This represents an annual average growth rate of 2.80%.
- 19-1012.00: Food Scientists and Technologists
- 19-4013.00: Food Science Technicians
- 51-3092.00: Food Batchmakers
- 51-9012.00: Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators,
Contact Our Team to Find Out More
If you’re excited about jumpstarting your career in the Zymology/Fermentation Science sector, get in touch with Pickens Technical College today! We’re happy to walk you through more details of our exciting urban horticulture program. No matter what kind of career you’re considering in Zymology/Fermentation Science, we can provide an exceptional education.